As the beginning of school is beginning to become routine we get little bits of fun information that just pops out of our Daughter on a very random pattern. For instants, a few weeks ago while getting her set up to do her homework this conversation happens.
Kenz- Mom I need to tell you something
Mom- Whats that? (considering that she was very serious, it had to be about her behavior at school that we are still working on)
Kenz- I want to tell you about recess
Mom- Ok, what about it? ( I'm a little relieved that she didn't get into trouble again that day)
Kenz- I like to play chase, but to get the boys to run I make kissy faces at them.
Mom- (blank stare, then a burst of laughter, and a big hug). Please tell me you are not really kissing them?
Kenz- No Way MOM!! That's Gross!!!
All I could think was that my little girl just proved that my mothers curse was true. All mothers end up telling their children at one point in their young lives, " Just watch, you will have a child just like you some day, then you will understand what you are doing to me." Usually this threat is long forgotten until the day when your first little one ends up doing something or saying something you remembered doing as a child. For me it was the Kiss and Chase games in Elementary school. They called me "the Lean Mean Kissing Machine." Mind you this game lasted only until 4th grade when a spunking boy called my bluff and ended the kissy faces for a long time. Awwww the memories. Now that my daughter is playing the game I'm constantly reminding myself to ask her, What do you mean your boyfriend? so far the answer is safe. " Oh Mom, its just when a boy plays with you at recess, and helps you with your Centers" Sigh of relief. I hope that answer is the same for a very long time. I'm sure I have my work cut out for me in 10 years.
1 comment:
Kenz is sooo Cute. Kids say the funniest things! I remember chasing the boys back at that age too. It must be a girl thing.
Post a Comment