Dec 14, 2009

Holidays & Stuff

So here is our latest update

We had our first big snow storm this last weekend. The hardest part was that we didn't have a shovel till today. I have learned that Prego women should not shovel driveways. I'm a little sore tonight after taking on the task this afternoon. Zack was a hoot, he was trying soo hard to "help" that I had to shovel right behind him the whole time. Nothing like shoveling your driveway twice to let a little one be "Helpful". I'm thinking that I'm going to let the shoveling be Daddys job for the rest of the season.

Our newest almost addition has been keeping me stepping lightly. He keeps shifting onto my nerves in my back. Its not been pleasant while trying to get homemade Christmas finished. Oh and yes you read right ...
IT's A BOY!!!
Its funny, everyone thought it was a girl but Zack. He actually told me on the day of the ultra sound "Mom it's either a boy or twins". I'm really glad its a boy. Twins now.... yikes!! Kenz is ok with it cause "I still get to be the Princess!" as she puts it.  We don't have any names yet. We have desided that nameing would be easier after he gets here.  Its more real for Jason then anyways.  He's not Due until March 30th. I have desided that if he comes on time I get to be 29 for the rest of my life.  I'm just giving my birthday to him.

As for the Holidays:     We had the whole Phillips Gang (except Stacey) to our house for Thanksgiving this year. Everything was wonderful. Its the first big holiday dinner at our new house and the first Paul Phillips family Holiday get together not at Mom & Dads. Aww memories!!! Dinner was great, even though I killed the rolls. We learned a new game. Acronyms are a hoot. Thanks Mom.

As for Chirstmas we desided a couple of years ago that we stay home for Chirstmas now. It's too hard to travel with kidos and presents now. Jason's Parents are coming to us for Christmas. Most of his sibliings do their own Christmas' so the Parents travel to them now. Aww the fun of being Empty Nesters. My family is excited to have them come. My holiday preperations are almost done. Yahoo!! Decorating the house has been fun. I have soo many ideas for next year already.  I'm having to find new & unusual hiding places for gifts.  The kids both understand the whole idea behind Santa and that new presents are coming. We have to keep reminding them that they need to be on their best behavior for Santa to come. ( PS... it doesn't work all that well) I think we have canceled Christmas at least 5 times in the last week. But we both know that Santa will come anyways... what parent wants to give up the fun of Chirstmas? 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats to Kenz for keeping her princess crown for a bit longer. But after having two girls, I think it's possible to share it :) I love that he's due on your birthday, too!!

How did your family take it when you decided to stay home for Christmas? I was ready to do that the first Christmas we had to travel after Sophie was born. Both of our moms would die inside, I think. Depending on where we go we could blame it on distance.

Britt said...

Yeay! I hope your last months of pregnancy go well!

Post a Comment