Our summer starting out with having a torn up basement. In April our outside spigot pipe burst inside of the house. We did know we had a problem till it was too late. The Family room and spare bedroom had most of the damage. With the insurance paying for some of the repairs we have been slowly getting it all done. So as school begins the last of the repairs will be done. I feel like we have a whole new basement. New windows (because one of the casualties of summer smashed one), new carpet (on the stairs too) and walls painted. Kenz is soo excited for her new window. She keeps wanting to open and closing it all the time. I really don’t blame her it’s a new thing for her. I’m kind of excited too. We finally have screens in all the basement windows….. Less bugs... HORRRAYYYYYYY!! So after all is said and done I finally have a nice place for visitors to stay in and I don’t have to worry whether they are going to be eaten alive if they need the window open.As for the window story…. Well the short version is that Zack wasn’t watching where he was going and fell into the window well. I guess that means we need window well covers. He was fine except for being very worried that he would get into big trouble ( he didn’t by the way we were just worried that he was ok). The fall didn’t break all the way through the window but the repair was still needed. So it was the perfect time to make that repair on the house as well.
I really wish someone would have told me that owning your own home is a lot more work. But I can say that the Garden we put in and the fun we are having seeing it and the work we are putting into the yard is making our home something we are proud of. The kids love playing in the backyard now (considering that we have a small patch of grass for them to play on), with the swing set that we got during the spring. My favorite part is really the garden. We planted Peas, Green beans, Cucumbers (which are taking over), Yellow Squash, Tomatoes, Green onions, Green Bell Peppers, JalapeƱos, corn and potatoes. We have harvested the Potatoes, peas, and Green beans. We got 3 quarts of green beans yahoo. The kids even helped with the picking and the snapping of the green beans. It was a memory that I get to share with my kidos from when I was little myself. The Squash, Cucumbers and green onions are constantly filling our crisper drawer. Jason gives my squash away every chance he can get. I say it’s my squash because it seems that I’m the only one that will eat it. That’s ok cause all the more for me. It’s nice to be able to share with our neighbors though. We can’t wait till the tomatoes decide to ripen so we can make salsa with our JalapeƱos. Zack and McKenzie got a chance to try their hands at baseball this summer as well. Zack played T-ball and Kenz play Coach Pitch. They had a blast. They had 2 games a week for 6 weeks. It was perfect the amount of time so that we all didn’t get overwhelmed.
McKenzie stayed with Gma & Gpa Woodward for a whole week. She had such a fun time. She is still talking about “that time I went to Grandmas”. Zack is a little jealous so he is already planning for when he get to go and stay there too. We told him he had to be a 1st grader before he could stay that long. So I’m sure next summer he will start pestering us to go.
I was planning on writing more about the first day of school. BUT--- Kenz would like to write a McKenzie report about it instead. So without further ado….. I give you McKenzie’s report.
MCKENZIE’S REPORT-
I love school. (I guess that says it all)


1 comment:
Cute pics of the kids. sounds like an eventful summer.
Post a Comment